Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Statement of Intent

My twenty year-old self (or even my twenty five year-old self) would laugh if they saw this blog existed.  Somehow, I've decided to start sewing and quilting and become Crafty.  I asked for a sewing machine for Christmas, and, after making sure I hadn't bumped my head, my parents and husband promptly provided everything I needed to turn my ill-used desk into a crafting corner that I am determined to make good use of. There is no natural talent here, that's assured, but somehow I'm interested in seeing where this adventure takes me.

Also, we are undergoing a continual quest to eat at home more often and effectively use all of our nice, shiny new kitchen gadgets we received as wedding gifts / decrease our poor eating out habits (for both fiscal and health reasons). I've been taking photos of the dishes we make on a regular basis and needed a space to organize and comment on them - a place for us to keep track of what we're making; what we want to repeat again, what we'd change if we made something again, where the recipe is, etc.

So, merging my love for photographic documentation and my need to prove to both myself and the people in my life that yes, this is actually happening (I have gone crazy and turned against all natural instincts), this blog is born.  Let's see how it turns out, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment